I’m pleased to announce I am returning to the live music scene with a sacred music event in Penn Valley, CA. The Workshop and Concert will happen on February 9th at Dragonfly Yoga Studio. Please RSVPÂ on Facebook if you are planning to attend.
Robert will be leading the dance circle and I will be opening the concert with a 45-minute set of music. Robert’s partner, Juanita will be making the dinner. This will be a lovely event that is guaranteed to touch and heal the hearts of those who are ready and willing to receive.
All are welcome regardless of ability to pay.
Blessings of harmony,
This Saturday, September 11 starting at 4pm, I have the honor of sharing 3 of my original songs with the Women’s Writing Salon at Sierra Mountain Coffee Roasters in Grass Valley, CA. Here is the order of readers and our bios:
1. Catherine Scholz
2. Ann Keeling
3. Christine Irving
4. Jan Fishler
5. Kirsten Casey
6. Ronnie Paul
1. Catherine Scholz is a singer-songwriter and composer born and raised in the Milwaukee area with a degree in Music from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis. She moved to northern California in 1999 and she is currently working on a number of original pieces from a variety of genres: folk, folk-rock, and instrumental ambient dance tracks. She is also eagerly anticipating her 2nd child in late October. Her website is: catherinesmusic.com.
2. Ann Keeling is a writer, editor, and personal writing coach who has taught at universities and high schools. Most recently, she taught Creative Writing at Ghidotti Early College High School. Her passion lies in helping students increase their writing mastery and find the brilliance of their unique voice. She has an MFA in Creative Writing from Goddard College and an MFA in Dance from UCLA. She lives in Grass Valley with her husband, son, and a black-and-white dog.
3. Christine Irving is a poet and playwright. She performs frequently in local venues and is the author of a book of poetry, Be a Teller of Tales and a CD, Originals. Her latest endeavor is a chapbook of poetry entitled, The Naked Man. Her books for children, Prickly Predicaments, Prickly Passages and The Mystery of the Black Madonna are available on Kindle. She is currently working on a novel about Mary Magdalene.
4. Jan Fishler recently completed an adoption memoir, Searching for Jane, Finding Myself. Now, she spends much of her time learning everything she can about marketing books and implementing the various techniques and strategies shes read about. In her free time, Jan walks her golden retriever on the Gracie ditch, kayaks on lower Scotts Flat Lake, and dreams about having her book included in Oprahs book club.
5. Kirsten Casey earned her MA in Creative Writing over 18 years ago, and she continues to work on advanced degrees in mothering, stain removal, and chauffeuring. Occasionally she writes a poem. She lives in Nevada City with her lovely husband, three loud children, and neurotic dog. She would rather be here than anywhere else.
6. Some things never change. Ronnie Paul continues to practice yoga diligently, cook incessantly, write memoirs sporadically and salsa dance flamboyantly. Further more, she still hasnt written her promised cookbook or learned how to text message. Her aspirations include living in a body that never aches or pains and allowing herself to sit and read novels in the afternoon.
This is my second project called “Elephant Gathering” (the first was “You Are Loved,” still due to be fully released).
This track could be used for many different applications.ï¿½ I’d like to know your thoughts.ï¿½ Is this something you would add to your iTunes collection for background music?ï¿½ Or do you feel called to add your own sound to the mix?ï¿½ What influences do you hear in this piece? Leave your comment here.
If you would like to be able to download this sample MP3 of “Elephant Gathering,” you may do so by joining my email list or if you are already on my list, simply wait for the next email or leave me a comment here.
Blessings of harmony,